In 1945, after the Hygiene and Road Cleaning Team of the Tainan City was established, we were tasked with road cleaning and ditch dredging affairs. Garbage transportation and dung cleaning were outsourced to private sectors. In January 1949, we were restructured as the Road Cleaning Team directed by the Police Department of Tainan City Government handling garbage cleaning affairs originally outsourced to private sectors. In October 1949, we were restructured as the Hygiene Team directed by the Police Department of Tainan City Government. In January 1950, the organization was expanded to take over dung cleaning affairs originally managed by the Municipal Farmer Association. At that time, outskirt farming lands were barren. Fertilizers were rare and expensive. Farmers used cheap garbage and dung as organic fertilizers to nourish farming soils. Therefore, the funds received by selling garbage and dung became the self-sufficient budget source to meet demands of all expenditures for environmental hygiene management. Till May 1951, because the organizational arrangement was not approved by the provincial government, the department dealing with dung cleaning affairs was divided into two units under the direct command of the Dung Disposal Committee of Tainan City. In April 1964, the Hygiene Team was re-organized as the Cleaning Management Section directed by the Healthy Bureau of Tainan City. On April 1st in 1972, according to the command from the Taiwan Provincial Government, both the cleaning section directed by the Health Bureau and the Dung Disposal Committee of Tainan City were integrated and restructured as the Cleaning Management Office located at the place of the original Dung Disposal Committee. Because the office building was old and narrow, in March 1980, by means of "asset exchange", an amount of 2,355,600 NT dollars was spent to construct a 3-floor building, a parking zone and a vehicle maintenance depot located on No. 72, Lane 133, Section 2, Zhonghua East Road. The new building occupied 8,515 square meters and all the construction engineering was entirely completed in June 1981. On June 22, our unit moved into the new address as aforesaid. On September 1, 1988, commanded by the Taiwan Provincial Government, our unit was restructured as the Environmental Protection Bureau of Tainan City Government. Also, on December 24, 2010, our unit was further upgraded as the Environmental Protection Bureau of Tainan City Government due to city-county merging.